|Stir-Fry Potatoes & Vegetables
- 1 ½ pounds Fingerling potatoes, cut into ½-inch rounds
- 1 ½ cups baby carrots
- 2 cups baby green beans, trimmed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Lemon juice from ½ to 1 whole lemon, according to taste
In a hot skillet, place sliced fingerling potatoes and baby carrots with just enough water to cover and allow to boil until potatoes and carrots are just cooked — do not overcook as they will fall apart when they are sautéed.
Remove potatoes and carrots from skillet and drain any excess water. Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot, and then add minced garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant but do not let it get too dark. Add the cooked potatoes and carrots and sauté until the outsides of the potatoes and carrots have some color and are slightly crispy on the outside. Add trimmed baby green beans, stirring frequently, until green beans are bright green but still slightly crispy. Remove skillet from heat and squeeze lemon juice over vegetables; add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir fry can then be placed over rice or noodles or served as a side dish for any protein.
* The vegetables in this stir fry can be exchanged for others according to taste. Any root vegetable used (such as potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc.) need to be par cooked prior to sautéing as seen in our first step above. For a more complex flavor, you can also add freshly grated ginger in with the garlic.