|Sausage and Peppers
- 5 sweet or mild Italian sausage links, cut into 2 pieces
- 2-3 green peppers, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 onions, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 can of prepared pasta sauce (approximately 26-ounces)
In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and brown slightly. Add sliced onions and peppers and cook until softened. Add prepared sauce, lower temperature and allow to simmer while cooking the sausages.
In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Saute the sausages in the hot oil until the outside is cooked. Add the sausages to the sauce and pepper mixture.
Simmer sausage and peppers over medium-low heat until sausages are fully cooked, approximately one hour.
Serve sausage and peppers over pasta or rice cooked to their individual specifications. Sausage and peppers can also be served on a hoagie roll for a delicious sandwich.