|Potato & Egg Scramble
- 1 ½ pounds Fingerling potatoes, cut into ½-inch rounds
- 1 ½ cups baby carrots
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 6 ounces diced ham or 6 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch slices and fried crisp
- 8 eggs
In a hot skillet, place sliced fingerling potatoes and baby carrots with just enough water to cover and allow to boil until potatoes and carrots are just cooked — do not overcook as they will fall apart when they are sautéed.
Remove potatoes and carrots from skillet and drain any excess water. Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot, and then add minced garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant but do not let it get too dark. Add the cooked potatoes and carrots and sauté until the outsides of the potatoes and carrots have some color and are slightly crispy on the outside. Add scallion whites and diced ham or cooked bacon. Whisk eggs in a medium container and add to skillet, stirring until eggs are scrambled; add salt and pepper to taste. Top with sliced scallion greens and serve.