- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans of low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 8 ounces tomato puree or sauce
- 1 package of your favorite taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese, Mexican blend or cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Have a deep-sided casserole dish on hand to assemble your lasagna.
In a large skillet, brown the lean ground turkey, onion and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat. Onions should be translucent and garlic fragrant. Add the drained and rinsed beans, corn and tomato puree, stirring to combine. Add package of your favorite taco seasoning and water, stir to combine and let simmer for about 5 minutes. If needed, add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut each of the flour tortillas in half. Begin assembly with half of the turkey mixture at the bottom of the casserole dish. Place 4 tortilla halves on top and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat the above steps – turkey mixture, 4 tortilla halves, and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake the Mexican lasagna in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Makes 6 servings.