|Dark Walnut Bread
Preheat oven to 350˚
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups reduced fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
Mix wheat and white flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a ceramic bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Add buttermilk and oil; stir until all ingredients are mixed into the batter. Add nuts.
Pour batter into a greased 9 inch loaf pan; bake at 350˚ for approximately 50 minutes, or until done. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
This recipe makes one loaf of bread.