|Cream of Potato Soup
- 4 peeled and pared, white or russet potatoes
- 3 slices bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 2 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
Place potatoes in a 4-quart sauce pan and cover with salted water; cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain.
While potatoes are cooking, sauté bacon and onion in a frying pan until brown and tender, stirring.
Mash potatoes well; add bacon and onion, butter, parsley, salt, nutmeg, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in milk and heat over low heat, stirring soup.
Before serving, sprinkle with cheese.