|Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
- 3 Cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond flavoring
Mix all ingredients in large bowl on low speed for 5 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.
Pour batter into greased 11 x 13 pan.
Bake at 350˚ for 10 to 12 minutes and prepare streusel topping.
- 2/3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8to 10 ounces chocolate chips, raisins or nuts (peanut butter or white chocolate chips, dried cranberries or blueberries are great as well)
Mix together all ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Add chocolate chips, raisins or nuts.
The top of the cake should be slightly firm, but not totally set when you sprinkle the streusel topping on top of it. You may sprinkle some around the edges as they are firm first, and then lightly sprinkle the middle. I usually put my topping on in stages to make sure it doesn't sink deeply into the cake.
Allow the cake to bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes with the streusel topping, and check for doneness with a toothpick. The top should be golden brown. Maximum baking time should be 30 to 35 minutes.
Allow cake to cool, and sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top or leave it plain and allow your guests to try it with a little chocolate or caramel syrup.