|Chilled Strawberry Soup
- ¾ cup guava nectar
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Sliced fresh strawberries or fresh mint (optional, for garnish)
In a 1-quart stainless steel or enamel saucepan, bring guava nectar and ginger to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add heavy cream; return to boiling and cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat.
In a food processor bowl or blender container, place strawberries, mint and vinegar. Cover; process until strawberries are pureed. Add cream mixture; process again until well combined. Pour soup into a container; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Soup can be prepared several days prior to serving. To serve: Ladle chilled strawberry soup into thoroughly chilled bowls. Garnish with a fresh strawberry fan or a sprig of mint. Makes 4 servings.