|Candy Cane Truffles
- 10 ounces of dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons mint extract
- Melted white chocolate, for dipping
- Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes for garnish
Melt dark chocolate in double boiler (bowl placed over a shallow pot of boiling water — make sure the boiling water does not touch the bottom of the bowl). Remove from heat. Add whipping cream, butter and mint extract and stir to combine. Place in heat-safe container and allow to cool until solid (in the refrigerator for faster cooling).
Use a melon baller or teaspoon to scoop out even amounts, roll into shape and then dip into melted white chocolate to cover. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper until chocolate hardens. Garnish with crushed peppermint candies. You may store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.